Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Aoyama Getting Better After Crash At Silverstone

Aoyama is making solid progress in his rehabilitation from a fractured vertebra after crash at Silverstone.

“I feel I’m getting better every day,” explained Aoyama in the attached video interview. “I have also started training in the swimming pool, and also a little bit with my arms in the gym. I can feel my progression. I would like to try the bike because I see the others racing every weekend and I feel I want to try, but I have to be careful because the bone I broke is very important.”

“I think my arms and legs are almost as they were before, but my back maybe is at 70% or 80%, so not 100% yet. When I do some exercise I always need the support corset so when I can exercise without that I will be at more or less 90%, and then I can start to ride the bike,” he said.

“It is a little bit strange because I have never missed any races in the last six years. I have been watching the races and it is a bit stressful, but somehow good to take a bit of rest after last season and I have enough motivation to try again now.”

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl