Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Colin Edwards Ready To Race On Silverstone


Colin Edwards will ride in Sunday's British MotoGP at Silverstone despite breaking his collarbone in a crash in Catalunya last weekend. The 37-year-old American suffered the injury in practice for the Catalan race after falling off his Tech 3 Yamaha.

He was keen to start the race but was not allowed to take the grid after medical advice and missed a race for the first time since his debut in 2003. However, the Texan is now set to return and race this weekend.

He said: "I was a little bit disappointed with the decision not to let me ride because while it's not a lifelong ambition never to miss a MotoGP race, it was a run I was pretty proud of. "I understand the decision but my shoulder feels great. "I'm too big and too old to get upset and I'm going to rest up now and concentrate on getting ready for Silverstone. "I know I can race next weekend and I'm already looking forward to it. I can't remember the last time I missed a race and I definitely don't like watching on TV, so I'm desperate to get back working." 

Casey Stoner's win on Sunday closed the gap on championship leader Jorge Lorenzo to seven points after five rounds of the season.

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl