Friday, July 22, 2011

Capirossi: This time I’m really returning


Loris Capirossi Laguna Seca


Loris Capirossi says he definitely race in the United States Grand Prix at Laguna Seca having been forced to withdraw from the German Grand Prix less than a week ago.

The Italian planned to return to racing action at the Sachsenring having missed the previous two races at Assen and Mugello, jokingly declaring pre-event that only he can ride his Pramac Racing Desmosedici.

However, Capirossi would subsequently withdraw after just a single practice session, with World Superbike racer Sylvain Guintoli taking his place for the remainder of the weekend.

Nonetheless, despite the proximity to the next event in the United States, Capirossi insists he will return at Laguna Seca, the experienced rider reiterating the 'ownership' of his bike.

“This time I'm really returning to the track. As I said before the Sachsenring weekend, the Desmosedici is mine, and seeing another rider on it bothered me a lot. I'm not in top form, but I've worked over the past few days to be in decent physical condition. 

“The track is very tough, which isn't ideal for my condition, but I'll give 110% to be able to finish the race. I'm expecting a very challenging weekend.”

source: crash

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl