Friday, July 15, 2011

Capirossi to make retirement decision soon


Loris Capirossi intends to make an announcement regarding his MotoGP future at the Brno round in mid-August.

The former 125 and 250cc world champion hasn't taken a podium finish since 2008 and, like Pramac Ducati team-mate Randy de Puniet, has struggled to be competitive this season.

Capirossi took Ducati's first MotoGP win as a factory rider in 2003, with the most recent of his nine premier-class victories being a wet/dry victory at Motegi 2007.

An unsuccessful switch to Suzuki followed, before the 38-year-old returned to a Desmosedici, for the satellite Pramac team, at the start of this year.

Capirossi's best finish on the struggling GP11 is a ninth at Catalunya and he missed two races, including his home grand prix, after sustaining rib and shoulder injuries during qualifying at Assen.

The #65 is attempting a return to action this weekend in Germany, where he was asked about his 2012 plans.

"Sure I am close to saying bye-bye to everybody, because this is my 22nd consecutive season," began Capirossi.

"But the feeling is still really good, when I am fit, and I really enjoy riding.

"I don't know about my future for next year yet. 

"I think when I come back after my holiday, for the Brno race, I will say something."

Capirossi, who holds the all time record for grand prix starts, has claimed 99 podiums over all three grand prix classes. Trying to claim number 100 has been his main goal for the past few seasons.

source: crash

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl