Saturday, July 23, 2011

Simoncelli looking for a better feeling at Laguna


Marco Simoncelli Laguna Seca 2011

The Italian is not a long way from the day's pacesetters but he is still short of his optimum pace and after a long meeting with his team this afternoon he will head out on track tomorrow with renewed determination and confidence to find it. His team-mate Hiroshi Aoyama has again struggled to find the promising form he showed in the early stages of the season.

Marco Simoncelli:
"I am struggling a little here at Laguna to get on the pace like I have done at other circuits. We are not far off but so far I haven't established a good feeling with the bike. I probably also need to find a faster way round the track, which is not an easy one and not one I know so well. I am quite fast in the second and third sectors, which includes the 'Corkscrew', but I am losing time in the first and fourth, so we have to improve my acceleration out of the last turn and try to find more confidence in those two sectors.”

Hiroshi Aoyama:
"It has been a difficult day, especially this morning. The afternoon was slightly better and we were able to work on tyre choice for the race. I hope we can improve tomorrow and secure a good position on the grid.”

Team San Carlo Honda Gresini press release

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl