Friday, August 26, 2011

Capirossi: I hope it rains



Loris Capirossi, who postponed an announcement on his racing future from Brno until Misano in early September, admits he'd like a wet weekend at Indianapolis.

The 38-year-old Pramac Ducati rider continues to nurse a shoulder injury from Assen, for which he might eventually undergo surgery.

"It is not easy to face one contest after another in these physical conditions," said Capirossi. "I did therapy on the shoulder for a week, conditions are better compared to Brno, but are not yet in top form. 

"During the day of testing in the Czech Republic we got to try different things, we'll see them in practice in Indianapolis, a circuit which I like. I hope it rains, it will be a little easier to work.”

Team-mate Randy de Puniet is also regaining fitness, but is approaching round twelve in a more optimistic mood.

"I needed a little rest after the Grand Prix in Brno. Now that I'm a bit better I want to try to get a good result at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway," said the Frenchman. 

"My goal is to finish the season in the best way, so it would not hurt to finish the race in the top ten. The bike has improved, I have all it takes to get a good result even if that Indy circuit is not one of my favourites".

source: crash.net

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl