Saturday, September 3, 2011

De Puniet confident ahead of qualifying



The French rider is confident heading into tomorrow’s qualifying session, having dropped his time by more than a second following today’s first practice outing. Loris Capirossi, who is still dealing with pain in his shoulder, finished in sixteenth place.

Randy De Puniet:
"This afternoon went much better; this morning I had a problem with corner entry—it was impossible to ride the bike. In the afternoon we made some changes and I was much faster, thanks mainly to the tyres. I finished the first day in twelfth place, but more importantly, I’m very close to the top positions. Tomorrow we’ll try to improve. I’ll have to push a bit harder in the corners and take a few more chances."

Loris Capirossi:
"Despite the progress made compared to the first free-practice session, it’s still not enough. I found it very difficult to make right-hand corners, as my shoulder still bothers me and is very painful. Maybe rain would help us in our current conditions, but I’m still convinced that we can do well. We’re all close, so just finding a few tenths would move us up several positions."

Pramac Racing Team press release

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl