Saturday, September 3, 2011

Second row for fifth fastest Simoncelli



After making some set-up changes following yesterday's free practice, the Italian is satisfied that he can make further adjustments in tomorrow's warm-up and have a good race. Hiroshi Aoyama also enjoyed a positive session and could have been on the third row, missing out on ninth place by a fraction of a second.

Marco Simoncelli: 
“I am quite strong here, but we need to be stronger because the front three are extremely fast. However, I am confident because I think I can be fighting with Spies and Dovizioso. We will make some more slight changes to the setting in the morning and try to improve it under braking. I'm sure with a harder front compound I would have had fewer problems, but this is the situation and we have to adapt. As for fuel consumption, which was our biggest worry yesterday, we have improved today and should be able to finish the race.”

Hiroshi Aoyama: 
”I am satisfied that we have made notable progress – my only disappointment that I couldn't put the perfect lap together to break onto the third row. I have my confidence back with the bike and my physical condition is much better. Starting from tenth place makes me think I can have a good race because my pace is quite good.”

San Carlo Honda Gresini press release.

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl