Thursday, November 24, 2011

Elias and Terol satisfied with the first day of testing at Jerez



More than a dozen pilots have gathered in the Andalusian track in the first of which will probably be the last test of 2011 for many.

Despite the rains that have prevailed in much of the Iberian Peninsula in the current week in Jerez has worn the sun all day, encouraging all pilots gathered there could squeeze eight hours of continuous work (from 10 am to 6:00 p.m.) provided for each test day from today until Friday.

Miles and miles, Toni Elias and Nico Terol now have accumulated 459.992 and 274.276 km Jerez respectively, both have landed in the saddle nothing Switzerland, Suter, and want their adaptation is light. Toni pulled the day around 10.30 and half an hour later Nico. Far from engaging with major changes, both have focused on the geometry of their frames, to find a good riding position, and gradually introduce new changes. The Catalans, who finished at five-thirty, was probably the most turns pilot completed a total of 104. For its part, the Alicante divided their day in batches of eight to ten laps, finishing with 62 total to his credit. The two have signed his lap just before the end of the day (1.44.21 Toni and Nico 1.44.90)

 Toni Elias 1.44.21 (104 laps): "I've finally been able to complete a full day on this bike. The truth is that, compared to Valencia, the feeling was much more positive. We are working on setting up and notice that we are on the right track. However much remains to be done in different areas: geometry, clutch, suspension... We must continue to meet every mile bike again. For my short time on this bike, shooting in 44 here in Jerez, is a sign that we are doing things right, we must continue. It is still early to draw any conclusion, I come from MotoGP and I'm sure I'm used to a different behavior in terms of driving. I have to continue to adapt my style to the bike and taking the point to the category. I have taken many turns, among other things, to see how the bike behaves with used tires, and also to try to speed up my adaptation to the fullest. "

Nico Terol 1.44.90 (62 laps): "Today we were very lucky because it has come a fabulous day in Jerez, and we could work hard. I have begun to turn around eleven and I've been on track until four and a half. I am slowly making my bike more, I'm starting to feel the Moto2, and that brings me to drive at home. Today we focused on adding miles, and we played a little more grip frame to find, especially in the rear wheel. At the end of the day I made ​​my longer runs, I think it was productive because the pace was good, especially considering that we turned highly degraded tires. We have also assembled a fairing a trifle larger than the standard but have not been many findings today was my main work setting to improve adherence. I'm glad the first day of training, we are on the right track. "

Source: Aspar Team

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl