Thursday, July 21, 2011

Edwards targets top six on home soil


Colin Edwards Laguna Seca 2011


Colin Edwards is optimistic he can challenge for a top six result on home soil at Laguna Seca in an effort to put on a show for the home fans.

The Tech 3 Yamaha rider has enjoyed a solid run of results in recent races, peaking with his tremendous podium at Silverstone, but has only cracked the top six twice this season.

With this in mind, Edwards is determined to get back into the front pack and challenge for a strong results in front of his friends and family.

“I can't wait to get to Laguna because I love the place so much. I have a lot of family and friends that are coming which always makes it extra special, but the American fans are brilliant to me, so hopefully I can send them home smiling on Sunday night with a good result. 

“It has been a bit manic since Germany because I flew straight to LA to shoot another movie for Yamaha. They are always good fun and I really enjoy myself, so a big thanks to Yamaha US for all they do in arranging that for us. 

“I am really looking forward to the weekend and although 10th in Germany wasn't the result we wanted, it was actually a positive race. We certainly learned a few things about the bike because we made a lot of changes, so I've got good reason to be optimistic of fighting for the top six this weekend. That's my goal anyway and if we have a smooth weekend, I'm sure that's achievable. 

“I want to get a strong result not just because it's my home race, but it will make the summer break more relaxing and enjoyable and set me up for a strong push in the final part of the season.”

source: crash

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl