Thursday, July 21, 2011

Home hope Spies hoping ‘anniversary’ luck strikes again


Ben Spies Laguna Seca 2011


Ben Spies is superstitiously hoping Yamaha's special 50th anniversary livery will be lucky for him once again as he targets another strong result on home soil at Laguna Seca.

Yamaha will run the 'retro' red and white liveried M1 for Spies and Jorge Lorenzo during the United States Grand Prix, a month on from its first outing during the Assen TT.

With Spies winning his maiden MotoGP race on that occasion, he wants the colours to benefit him again at Laguna Seca, where he is striving to challenge for victory in front of his home fans.

“It's always exciting to race in front of the home crowd and it's going to be a big event for Yamaha with the 50th anniversary colours being run again,” he said. “They were lucky for me at Assen and hopefully they can bring me more luck in front of my friends and family.

“I've had some pretty good results in my AMA days at Laguna and I love riding the circuit. It's going to be a serious race weekend but it's also going to be a lot of fun so I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of old faces at the track.”

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl