Thursday, July 21, 2011

Nicky Hayden keen to sample GP11.1


Nicky Hayden Laguna Seca


Nicky Hayden has signalled his intention to get some miles on the Ducati GP11.1, despite the rather negative feedback from team-mate Valentino Rossi.

The American has persevered with the standard GP11 in recent races, unlike Rossi, who was given the updated GP11.1 from the Assen round of the season. However, on the weekend Hayden was due to get his hands on his own GP11.1, his team-mate is considering reverting back to the original machine after a run of disappointing form.

Nonetheless, Hayden – who beat Rossi last time out at the Sachsenring - is keen to at least sample the GP11.1 and, like Rossi, may get the chance to try both during Friday free practice.

Whichever bike he rides, Hayden is looking forward to his home round, not least because his family will have a significant involvement across the weekend.

“Obviously, I'm looking forward to Laguna, because it's a track I love that's very challenging and fun, with a great atmosphere and my home crowd,” the former champion said. “Turn 1 and the Corkscrew are very technical, and pretty much the whole track links together. On a MotoGP bike, there really aren't any straightaways, because you're always shifting, turning or braking. It's important to have a bike that you feel confident on and can be aggressive with. 

“I'm going to my home GP not in our best moment, but we'll give our best effort like always. It's nice that my brothers are both in the AMA race, and my sisters are both doing a lap on the two-seater Ducati. I think we'll make the final decision on Thursday as to which bike I'll ride, but we'll probably try the GP11.1 at some stage, and I'll see what I can do to try and come up with a good result.”

source: Crash


Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl