Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pedrosa: I want to enjoy the bike


Dani Pedrosa Laguna Seca 2011


Dani Pedrosa heads into the second-half of the 2011 MotoGP World Championship looking to make the best of his situation following his impressive ride to victory at the Sachsenring over the weekend.

In only his second race back from injury, one that ruled him out of three races to all but scupper his title ambitions, Pedrosa was victorious in Germany, boosting his confidence heading to Laguna Seca for the United States Grand Prix this weekend.

Indeed, the Spaniard feels the pressure is off for him now, enabling him to enjoy his racing, not least at Laguna Seca where he was a winner in 2009 and was in contention for victory last season when he crashed out. 

Even so, the Repsol Honda rider feels the circuit's characteristics will mean he struggles more than he did in Germany

"It was nice to stop, even for if only for couple of days at home to enjoy the victory in Germany with my family and friends, who also deserved to celebrate. 

“The United States Grand Prix will be another challenge for me. I know that I will suffer more in Laguna Seca because there are many hard braking areas and very fast direction changes. Anyway, it will be another race and I'll try to prepare well and enjoy it as I did in Sachsenring. 

“The track is very different to the European circuits and the atmosphere there is special. With the exception of last year, when I crashed, and in 2008 when I couldn't race due to injury, I've always had fun racing in Laguna and the victory in 2009 was very exciting. 

“In the second half of the season I want to enjoy the bike and gain the best results possible and would like to close the first part of the season with a good feeling.”

source: crash

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl