Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Crutchlow 'relishing' Indy debut



MotoGP rookie Cal Crutchlow is hoping that the famous, but unfamiliar, Indianapolis Motor Speedway will be the scene of a turnaround in the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider's fortunes.

The Englishman's debut grand prix season, which began promisingly, is in danger of stagnation after just four points in the last five rounds, since his collarbone-breaking accident at Silverstone.

A rare test session after the recent Brno round gave Crutchlow the chance for much needed track time outside of a grand prix weekend and he approaches round twelve in an optimistic mood.

"I am really looking forward to going to Indy because I've heard so much about what a fantastic facility the Motor Speedway is," he began. "But without any previous experience of riding there, I'm anticipating another difficult challenge. 

"It is one I am relishing though because I'm determined to end this difficult period in the Championship. I haven't scored enough points in the last few races, so I'm looking forward to learning Indy but also getting a good result there too. 

"The Yamaha is a good bike, the Tech 3 Team is brilliant, and I believe in my own ability, so we've got to put all the ingredients together to deliver the performances we know we are capable of. 

"The test after the Brno race was really beneficial because we could work on the bike a lot and I could focus on adapting my style a lot more. We've got some more ideas to help us in the future, so hopefully a good result this weekend will help set me up for a strong finish to the season.”

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl