Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Dovizioso: Second in the points is possible


Andrea Dovizioso is setting his sights on second in the 2011 MotoGP World Championship - despite being beaten by Jorge Lorenzo in Sunday's Indianapolis Grand Prix.

Yamaha's Lorenzo currently holds second in the championship and is now 25 points in front of Repsol Honda rider Dovizioso - yet to sign for 2012 - after finishing less than one-second in front of the Italian on Sunday.

Dovizioso made contact with Ben Spies early in the race, but improved his pace in the closing stages to hunt down Lorenzo.

“We had a bad start, Nicky [Hayden] blocked me and then Ben [Spies] and I touched in turn four and I lost valuable time and positions. From that moment I tried to remain focused and lap by lap I found the pace that allowed me to recover positions," said Dovizioso.

"This track wasn't the best for us. The consumption of the tyre was worse during the race. I had to find a new way to ride the bike. I had to change my style in the last half of the race and in the last 10 laps, I was one of the fastest."

Doviziosio's team-mate Casey Stoner now leads Lorenzo by 44 points in the championship - and Dovi believes a Repsol title one-two is possible with six rounds to go.

"I think [second in points] is possible. I think that we are in a position to fight. I am really confident. We will push on finishing second in the championship," he said.

source: crash.net

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl