Friday, August 26, 2011

MotoGP stars touchdown in Indianapolis



MotoGP’s finest were given a crash course in American Football by former players of the NFL’s Indianapolis Colts on Thursday, as the official pre-event for the Red Bull Indianapolis Grand Prix drew plenty of laughs at the Lucas Oil Stadium.

Home favourites Ben Spies, Nicky Hayden and Colin Edwards were joined by Jorge Lorenzo and Andrea Dovizioso, with Moto2 riders Stefan Bradl and Marc Márquez and 125’s Nico Terol, Johann Zarco and Danny Kent also in attendance as they received a lesson in the basic skills of American Football.

After meeting Colts Alumni stars Bill Schultz, Roosevelt Potts, Darvell Huffman and Mike Prior the World Championship riders were briefed on the ins and outs of offence and defence and how to kick, before playing a short game at the end in which Márquez and Hayden scored touchdowns.

“I am a Colts fan, when I played youth football me and my brother played for the Colts,” said Ducati Team’s Hayden. “It’s nice to come see the new stadium and do some drills, and it was nice to know the rules! I do prefer offence though, it’s more fun!”

Lorenzo enjoyed his introduction to NFL and said: “I had a lot fun, it’s a different sport and I never got used to it. I don’t even know the rules! It’s good to play with professionals, and I would have liked more than half an hour! I tried my best but I think my level isn’t very high!”

Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider Edwards also relished the opportunity and added: “I was like a kid in a candy store! Being on a big field I was supposed to be taking it easy but I was running around like a headless chicken!”

source: MotoGP Official Website

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl