Thursday, September 1, 2011

Simoncelli heads to home race



The atmosphere of Simoncelli's home circuit, located just a few kilometres from his hometown, will provide “Super Sic” with all the motivation he requires to rediscover his podium form from the previous race at Brno. Dspite the difficulties encountered in the USA, they at least provided the team with plenty of data to refer to should they encounter similar problems in the future. The transatlantic trip brings Marco home to a circuit he doesn't particularly like, but where his family and friends will make up for that by providing plenty of support.

Hiroshi Aoyama will take to the circuit boosted by a good result at Indianapolis and in the knowledge that he can do even better in the closing stages of the championship.

Marco Simoncelli:
“Indianapolis was a tough weekend. I was excited after warm-up but it turned out that the improved performance of the tyre was down to the lower temperatures in warm-up. With the track back up to 50°C for the race it was a complete disaster. I had fun for five laps but that wasn't enough. It is a shame but at Misano I hope I can ride like I did for those five laps throughout the entire race. That is my hope, for me and especially for my fans. Misano has not been that good to me in the past but there is a first time for everything. It is not one of my favourite circuits but the motivation is there and I will give it my all. I live just a few kilometres away and the atmosphere will help me.”

Hiroshi Aoyama:
Hiroshi Aoyama “I wasn't completely satisfied with the result at Indianapolis. I was happy that I found a good feeling with the bike in the race and felt in good physical shape but a little annoyed with my start. I will be out to make up for that at Misano, a circuit which is tighter and more technical than Indianapolis. I am sure that we can build on my positive feeling from Indianapolis at Misano this weekend. I would really like to give the team a god result because they are based so close to the track.”

San Carlo Honda Gresini press release

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl