Monday, October 17, 2011

Positive race for Pramac in Australia with two top ten finishes



It was a positive Iveco Australian Grand Prix for the Pramac Racing Team with Randy de Puniet recording his best result of the 2011 season with sixth place and Loris Capirossi equaling his season best of ninth whilst carrying an awkward injury.

It was a day full of surprises at Phillip Island, where climatic conditions affected the outcome of the race. The Pramac Racing Team achieved their best result of the season finishing sixth and ninth respectively with De Puniet and Capirossi. The Frenchman had a good start and was in eighth place until some rain made him go wide and when he returned to the circuit he had lost positions. The 30 year old fought hard in the group and in the last few laps when the rain again became more intense on the track, he managed to ride well with his bike and finish in sixth place.

Capirossi made a good start and was up to third at the first corner, but then he had to give away to faster riders at that time. With four laps to the end, when a heavy shower hit the track, the 38 year old pitted and changed his bike to a wet-setup, but the track wasn’t wet enough and this denied him the opportunity to go beyond the ninth place. However, it was a good result and Pramac Racing Team will be looking ahead to the last two races of the season, in seven days in Malaysia and in Valencia in three weeks.



Randy De Puniet, Pramac Racing

"I am very happy with how the race went. On Saturday we were very unlucky in the qualifying session and now things have turned in our favor. At the beginning of the race I lost a little bit of time trying to overtake Loris, but once I made it, while trying to chase Edwards and Hayden, a little bit of rain made me go wide and this made me lose about ten seconds. I fought with the group for the ninth position until four laps left in the race when the rain was back on the track. I saw the other riders continue to ride fast as if the track was dry and then I saw them sliding off in front of me, one by one. In addition, some riders returned to the pits to change bikes, but I had confidence to continue with the bike with the dry set up and this helped me to conclude the race in an excellent sixth place!”

Loris Capirossi, Pramac Racing

"I started well but after a few laps with the pain in my shoulder and the weather changing, I tried to manage the race to complete it. When there were four laps left, I felt very heavy rain coming down just before the final straight and then I thought it was appropriate to enter the pits to change bike. Unfortunately it ended up not being the right choice because I probably could have finished the race a couple of positions ahead, but ninth place is still satisfactory considering my physical condition."

source: motogp official

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl