Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bautista progresses on second test day



The majority of today's work was focused in the first part of the day to avoid too much track action during the hottest part of the afternoon. The main task was to establish a way forward so that Bautista could gradually improve his lap times from yesterday and set out a clear programme for the final day tomorrow. It has been a positive test so far and the atmosphere within the team is one of determination and confidence.

Álvaro Bautista:

”The second day of the test has seen us improve our lap times slightly, but above all put together a consistent pace over a series of outings. Today I had more confidence with the bike and I was able to push harder, which I am particularly pleased about. We tried some things with the electronics and found some setting solutions that will give us an idea of what we need to do tomorrow.”

"I am sure that we can improve the bike and my riding significantly. Obviously I need to get used to riding a 'thousand' because it has different characteristics than an 800, mainly in that it has more power and you have to use that in a different way. I have been able to see how professional this team is. They are doing a great job so that gives me confidence for tomorrow, when we will try to take another step forward.”

source: MotoGP Official

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl