Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Danny Kent boosted by early Moto3 speed



British teenager Danny Kent got a major pre-season boost in Valencia last week when he ended the first major Moto3 test with the fourth quickest time.

The Red Bull KTM rider has made a brilliant transition to the new 250cc four-stroke class having impressed in his first full season in the Grand Prix paddock last year on an Aprilia two-stroke 125cc machine.

A best lap of 1.41.2 was only 0.3s off the best pace during the three-day Valencia test and Kent said he was thrilled to have gelled so quickly with the new four-stroke Moto3 machine.

He told MCN: “The test last week was really good and I learned a lot as a rider. I went in with an open mind and didn’t really know what to expect but the four-stroke seems to be suiting my style a lot.

"I felt really comfortable on it from day one and each practice session I got more comfortable. It is really a lot different than riding a two-stroke but I haven’t taken too long to get used to it and I’m really happy with it.”

Kent also praised the work of Austrian manufacturer KTM for the development work done on its new Moto3 project.

Kent’s German team-mate Sandro Cortese ended the Valencia test fastest and the 18-year-old added: “They have come in this year and obviously they want to win the championship because already we have got a really good package.

"Since I got on the KTM I’ve had a really good feeling with it. KTM has done a really good job already to get to where they are and with an experienced test rider like Joan Olive on board the bike is going to be getting better throughout the year.”

source: MCN

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl