Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Colin Edwards 2012 CRT MotoGP livery revealed



The NGM Forward Racing team unveiled its racing colours for its 2012 MotoGP debut season at Jerez on Tuesday (more pics below). 

The team is one of several new entries taking advantage of the 'CRT' rules to step up from Moto2 to MotoGP. 

Forward Racing has signed popular Texan Colin Edwards to ride its Suter-BMW. 

Edwards, with two WSBK titles and twelve MotoGP podiums to his credit, is the most highly decorated of the nine CRT riders, but is expected to face tough competition for top CRT honours from Aspar Aprilia's Randy de Puniet. 

"I would like to apologize for being late," said Edwards. "Apparently there is an even bigger tornado than me in Texas that delayed my flight! 

"Jokes aside, I am very happy to be here today and to be part of this new adventure with the team. We have started off working a lot on the development of the bike and especially on the electronics. 

"At the first test we were at about 60% of the development of the bike and now we are at about 92%-93%. Our objective is to keep working and get good results.” 

Team owner Giovanni Cuzari believes the new CRT class will become as successful as Moto2. 

"In 2010 I immediately believed in the new Moto2 category," he said. "I realized the great possibilities that the new rules offered in terms of providing exciting races. In my opinion it was a great idea on Dorna's part and hence Carmelo's. 

"Today I think we can say that the Moto2 races are spectacular: the grid is full - maybe a little too much! - and the show is always guaranteed. So, today we're here to officially present our entry into MotoGP 'taking one more step forward'. 

"I think CRT will, with time, have the same success that Moto2 experienced. Of course, like all rookies at the beginning we will suffer a bit, but time will prove us right and hopefully bring many satisfactions with the CRT." 

Forward Racing will also continue in Moto2 this season, running Suter machinery for Alex de Angelis and Yuki Takahashi, also present at the launch. 

"For the past year and a half I have been riding a different bike and now I have to adapt my riding style to my Suter bike, but I believe that we can work really well together," said de Angelis. "I look 'Forward' to this season.” 

Fellow former MotoGP rider and Moto2 race winner Takahashi added: 

"I am happy to be here, the bike is good, the team is good and we can make many things together this season," he said. "We have had a busy pre-season where we have tried many different things to find a good setting. I hope to have a good start to the season and keep up the good work of the team.” 

The final Moto2/Moto3 pre-season test concludes at Jerez on Wednesday evening, with the MotoGP class taking over from Friday to Sunday. 

source: Crash.net

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl