Friday, March 23, 2012

Lorenzo: "The best pre-season of my career"



Preparations for the launch of his bid to reclaim the MotoGP™ World Championship title have gone well for Jorge Lorenzo, and in a special interview prior to the final official Test at Jerez which commences on Friday the Spaniard spoke about how his pre-season has unfolded.

In the attached video Lorenzo said of his return to fitness after the finger injury that ruled him out of the final three races of last season: "When I came back it wasn’t so easy, but for me it was easier than expected as in the first two Tests things went well and I was really close to the fastest lap times, so for me maybe it was the best pre-season of my MotoGP™ career. The injury doesn’t effect my riding style as I can catch the clutch with my full hand."

Other subjects discussed by Lorenzo included his reaction to the increase in engine capacity for 2012: "The 1000cc has more power and acceleration so you must put more energy into controlling the bike. Also the weight is higher, but on the other side for us it is easier to ride, especially in the acceleration because we have more torque and the bikes moves less."

Of his team-mate Ben Spies, Lorenzo said: "I think he can be one of the favourites for the World Title". And when asked about his future the Mallorcan replied: "My first option is Yamaha. I would like to finish my career in Yamaha; if the bike is competitive this year I don’t see any big reason to change manufacturer."

source: MotoGP Official

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl