Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pol Espargaró: "I am among the best but I will not take"



Pol Espargaró set the fifth fastest time in the second day of testing in Moto2 IRTA Jerez, closing the lead group clustered in less than half a second. Tito Rabat was tenth, nine tenths, and Axel Pons 26 º.

Pol Espargaró was the first for most of the morning, to lose a few positions with the passing hours and also for not taking part in the final round qualifying, where Scott Redding has passed. In the same tenth that Corti, Marquez and Redding, the quartet just look from afar the wake of Thomas Luthi, the best of these two days with a stunning 1.42.158.

Tito Rabat has also been among the best all day, standing on the threshold of 1.42 (1.43.076) and closing the 'Top 10' and with a good feeling. Less has been satisfied Axel Pons, who does not quite at ease on the bike and should address shortcomings in the fast corners in order to progress in the classification. 

Pol Espargaró: "I have given a lot of laps in 1.42, but I will not rest satisfied because we have faced some problems that have prevented us from going faster. The bike lacks traction as expected on the exit of corners and we work to find a good compromise between suspension and tires. I still like all winter, among the best, but I'm content and I want more, I would reduce the two-tenths of a benefit that has brought me Luthi and few thousandths ahead of Corti with a bike like mine. Tomorrow we will have a new opportunity to work on the development of the bike and from there, start thinking about the first race of the season. "

Tito Rabat: "Everything went pretty well and we stayed in doors to shoot in 1.42, as I did the last time we were here in Jerez. I feel very comfortable on the bike, I'm in the lead group and tomorrow will try to take another step forward in step-by-turn. I think we are at a high level and ready to start the World Cup guarantees a successful outcome. The team is helping me a lot and I think we can still be faster and more competitive. " 

Axel Pons: "It just left me time and I have not finished the day at all happy. I still have problems in the fast corners and the bike gives me confidence in these points, which in this circuit are the ones that make the difference. We continued to work in setting up the bike and I think in the end we found a good way, hopefully we can analyze that morning. It will be important to get to go to Tasting with confidence and morale. The team is working hard but still far from where it is heading "

source: Motocuatro

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl