Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lorenzo Not Happy With Indianapolis Race Result

PhotobucketFinished third at Indianapolis 2010 race, behind Dani Pedrosa and his new teammate for 2011, Ben Spies. This Spanish rider overtook Nicky Hayden on lap three, then Honda's Andrea Dovizioso on lap twelve, but could make no impression on satellite Yamaha rider Ben Spies or Repsol Honda race winner Dani Pedrosa. As well as lacking top speed, Lorenzo seemed to suffer more than most in the searing heat, which hit 56 degrees on the track surface. 

"I must not be disappointed, but I'm not happy with my race. I didn't ride so well," said Lorenzo. 

"I didn't make a good start, and I lost two or three positions. And then after my bike wasn't so quick on the straight and it was like I was riding a 250 bike. I lost a lot of metres on the straight." 

"I got a chance to overtake Dovizioso because he make a mistake in the last corner and he make a wheelie," said Lorenzo. "I got a perfect exit in the last corner and I overtook him in the first corner. But apart from this mistake, I don't think I could pass Andrea."

"Of course the heat doesn't help anybody to ride a bike, but especially I lost a little bit my training during these two last weeks," he revealed. "I guess in Malaysia the heat is worse, but today I'm more tired than in Malaysia."

"These were terribly hard conditions for the riders and considering this we have to be very happy with third," insisted team manger Wilco Zeelenberg. "It was so hot and so easy to make a mistake so before the race we told Jorge to just try to bring it home on two wheels."

This podium make Lorenzo lead 68 points of Dani Pedrosa that win the Indy grand prix last weekend.

Jorge Lorenzo: My Story So Far

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl