Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dani Pedrosa Launched His New Children's Book

Photobucket

Dani Pedrosa launched his new children's book 'Two elves for Dani Pedrosa' on Tuesday afternoon. Six percent from the sales profit will be donated to the NGO SOS Aldeas Infantiles – a children's charity in Spain. The book is based on little Dani’s joy in receiving a very special Christmas gift when he was only 5 years old. Under the tree Santa Claus had left a motocross outfit, but also two of his most trusted elves, Tim and Tom. It was their job to stay with Dani and help him take his first steps into the world of motorcycling and guide him to become a true World Champion.

This book was Written by Pau Joan Hernández and illustrated by Jordi Vila Delclos. The book is aimed at children aged between 6 and 12 years and goes on sale with a circulation of 3.000 copies in spanish and 3.000 copies in catalan.

Dani Pedrosa: “When I was asked to write a book, dedicated to children I thought it would be nice to write a story about how dreams can come true. Since I was a young boy I saw the MotoGP races on television. My dream was to become a rider - and what began as a game has finally become my life. All children have dreams and the most important thing is to keep trying to reach those dreams.

Photobucket

“I have always felt very good with children because they are the noblest people in the world. All NGO are doing an incredible job in their fields, but I chose Aldeas Infantiles because what better occasion than a story for children to help children in difficulties. Some years ago, I visited the house they’ve got in Sant Feliu de Codines and I saw everything they do there - to create an environment as close as possible to a family. I hope this small contribution will continue to help carry out their project.”

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl