Friday, April 22, 2011

Alvaro Bautista Ready For Estoril

Alvaro Bautista

Alvaro Bautista ready to ride on Estoril. This Spaniard has been able to cycle and swim as part of the recovery from the injury. Bautista need to pass medical check to ride on Estoril. In case for replacement, Rizla Suzuki will prepare Nobuatsu Aoki, Suzuki's test and development rider. 

Aoki was to attend the Portuguese race anyway because he will take part in a one-day test session on the Monday after the race. John Hopkins, whose replace Bautista on Jerez race is unable to be on standby to replace Bautista because of his commitments to the Samsung Suzuki British Superbike squad in the second round at Oulton Park.

“My target is to ride in Estoril. The big problem is I lost many days lying in bed, so now the movement is worse than I thought and the recovery is slower than I expected before the operation. I had some very difficult days in Qatar and after the operation it was very hard for me.”

“The problem was they made a big cut and they didn’t close the cut. I had to travel to Spain with a big cut open in my leg, with the muscle outside of the skin and this was very horrible for me.  I didn’t measure exactly but the open cut was more than 30cm. It was closed with 49 stitches. I’m leading the world championship for the number of stitches.”

Bautista has gained enough strength in his left leg to resume training. He's confident for his come back on Estoril. This 2011 season, Bautista missed his Losail race and his home race at Jerez. If he race on Estoril, it will be the first race for him on 2011.

source: MCN

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl