Saturday, April 30, 2011

Yamaha Racing's After Estoril Free Practice

Jorge Lorenzo


Jorge Lorenzo lap getting better from 1st to 2nd free practice of Estoril MotoGP. But his time was far from his best record on Estoril. Lorenzo want to improve the braking system for next session. While Ben Spies looks struggle and have to do some improvement to if he want to get point on the next Sunday race.

Jorge Lorenzo,
"My feeling is good because we have always been in the first positions. In the morning we finished fourth, in the afternoon second. We are close to the first rider. We have to improve a little with our bike, especially with the braking and in particular the first sector of the track. If we can improve this, maybe we can be closer to the top. I hope the weather stays dry but we are prepared for anything. Obviously we prefer the dry then the wet conditions. To be honest, the pole position is not my goal. My aim is to finish the race on the podium. If we can’t, then we will just to try to finish. The important thing is not to crash and to get some points."

Ben Spies,
"It hasn’t been a perfect day, we have struggled a little bit. We went out this afternoon to try and get a feel for the harder tyre. We don’t think that’s the way for the race tyre. We never got the chance to put the soft tyre back on as we were trying different settings. We’re not close to the front but we’re going to find our way back up there and get faster. I’m pretty confident that me and my guys can step up for sure. We just had two off sessions. I think it’s going to be the same for everybody if it rains. I don’t think it will change much as the fast guys will still be fast in the rain and in the dry. Rain or shine, I’m really not too worried about it. I’ve had some seat time on the bike in the wet, but we would always rather ride in the dry because it’s a little bit safer, but for me it doesn’t make too much of a difference. To be in the top two rows for the start is where we need to be. The guys are looking at all the data and are seeing what they can do to make the bike better."

Source: MotoGP Official Website

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl