Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Capirossi: Only I ride my Desmosedici


After the heartache of missing his home Italian Grand Prix, through injury, Loris Capirossi is determined to compete in this weekend's German Grand Prix.

Capirossi suffered rib fractures and a 'distorted' AC joint in his shoulder during a big qualifying crash at Assen on June 24.

After fielding one rider at Assen and Mugello, Pramac Ducati had lined-up Sylvain Guintoli to ride Capirossi's bike this weekend - something that seems to have spurred the Italian into an early return.

"I'm still not completely well, but I have a couple more days of physical therapy to recover a little more," said the grand prix veteran. "Getting back on track will be positive, but my goal is to be back to 100% for Laguna Seca. 

"Missing the race at Mugello was very difficult for me, and it affected me a lot. Now I want to turn the page and return to the track. Only I ride my Desmosedici," he declared.

While Capirossi will be nursing injuries this weekend, team-mate Randy de Puniet will be returning to the scene of his leg breaking accident in last year's race.

"I like the Sachsenring circuit, despite the fact that I still have a bad memory from last year, when I fractured my tibia and fibula," said the Frenchman, who has only scored points in three of the eight rounds this season.

"I think that the track's characteristics might match well with those of our bike, so I'm confident that I can do well. We worked hard at last week's test. I hope that the results will be positive."

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl