Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ninth place start for De Puniet



Randy De Puniet



The starting grid for the German Grand Prix at the Sachsenring was determined in this afternoon’s qualifying session. Randy De Puniet registered the ninth-best time (1:22.503), just behind Nicky Hayden, the only Ducati rider to finish the session ahead of the Frenchman, who will start from the fifth row tomorrow. Sylvain Guintoli, who prior to this morning had only ridden Capirossi’s Desmosedici here in yesterday’s afternoon session, ended qualifying in seventeenth place with a time of 1’24.707.

Randy De Puniet:
“I’m pretty pleased with the work carried out over these two days, and as I said yesterday, it’s been a long time since I last left the garage happy. At the moment, everything is going according to our plans. I’m able to go fast with both the hard and soft tyres. We’ll try some things tomorrow morning, specifically with the front. I’m pleased with my ninth place, which a good start going into the race.”

Sylvain Guintoli:
“We’re a little far from the other riders, but anyway my feeling with the bike has improved compared to this morning. My tyres were ruined when I came back to the garage, and that could present a problem for the race. I did my best, and tomorrow I’ll have to try to have a good race.”

Pramac Racing Team press release

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl