Sunday, July 17, 2011

Simoncelli on second row for Sachsenring


Marco Simoncelli Sachsenring 2011


“Super Sic” was edged off the front row by just 0.010 seconds and as such is confident that he can run with the leaders in Sunday’s race. The Italian emerged relatively unscathed from a high speed crash this morning, when he suffered a blow to his right elbow. Hiroshi Aoyama is looking to tomorrow's warm-up as he continues to search for more confidence and feeling with his bike.

Marco Simoncelli: 
“I am little bit disappointed today because we managed to solve our problems this morning but then took a step backwards in the afternoon. In any case, I am confident because our race pace is up there with the top three and I think I can have a good race. The main problem today was that I lost my confidence with the front so I was struggling under braking and in the corners.”

Hiroshi Aoyama: 
”We tried to improve the set-up of the bike but we didn't make any major progress, especially in the final stages of qualifying. Tomorrow we will try and find some solutions that will give us more pace in the race and allow us to make up some positions. Obviously, I am still struggling from the Assen injuries so with this being a long race here at Sachsenring I hope it's not too painful.”

San Carlo Honda Gresini press release.

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl