Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pedrosa chasing Indy repeat, Dovizioso momentum



Dani Pedrosa will be aiming to finish the job he was unable to complete at Brno, crashing out after such a good weekend, by repeating his 2010 Indianapolis win this weekend.

"I'm heading to Indianapolis and really looking forward to the race. Last year we had a good race there and I hope I can repeat this again," said Pedrosa. "The asphalt has changed, so we will have to adapt to the new surface, check how the tyres are working there and look for the best race setup possible. 

"Physically I'm improving little by little; already in Brno I felt better than in the past months, so I hope I can be in good shape for the race. Obviously the last race result was very disappointing for me and my team after such a good weekend, but we take the positive things from it and move forward."

Repsol Honda team-mate Andrea Dovizioso is enjoying his best season since his arrival in MotoGP and wants to keep up his momentum. The Italian loves racing in America and is full of confidence after scoring his fifth podium of the year at Brno.

“We arrive in Indy after a podium finish in Brno and I hope we can continue this momentum," said Dovi, presently unsigned for 2012. "The Indianapolis racetrack is a typical American venue with great facilities and huge grandstands, the track is not particularly interesting but all in all it's a very nice event. 

"This year the track has been resurfaced in some parts so for sure it will be much more fun to ride as in the past it was very bumpy and there were different kind of asphalts. Last year in the practice and qualifying sessions we were fast but we struggled in the race, finishing fifth. 

"I'm confident we can be competitive again this year, we are very motivated and focused".

Dovizioso is third in the world championship, with Pedrosa - who missed three races through injury - in fifth. Another Repsol rider, Casey Stoner, leads the standings.

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl