Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bradley Smith chooses Moto2 over MotoGP


Bradley Smith, in contention for the vacant Monster Yamaha Tech 3 seat alongside Cal Crutchlow in MotoGP next season, has decided to stay in the Moto2 class. 

"I've made a decision about next season," Smith wrote in his latest Crash.net column. 

"I've decided I will stay in the Moto2 World Championship and push really hard for the title next year. 

"I have some options to consider but hopefully will be able to reveal my plans by the time we race in the next round at Aragon in Spain."

Smith, a triple 125cc grand prix winner, has taken three podiums during his rookie Moto2 season with Tech 3. The 20-year-old is fifth in the championship with five rounds remaining.

"Racing against the top guys both at Indianapolis and Misano made me realise just how much I'm learning and there is still so much more to come," Smith continued.

"At my age another year will really benefit my career and so MotoGP can wait although of course it's my ultimate aim to ride in the greatest Championship in the world."

Andrea Dovizioso, Eugene Laverty, Alvaro Bautista and Stefan Bradl are some of the other names linked with the Tech 3 Yamaha MotoGP ride.

Edwards has announced that he will switch to the Forward Racing team, on a 'CRT' motorcycle, for 2012.

source: crash.net

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl