Saturday, September 3, 2011

De Puniet on fifth row after fall in qualifying



The starting grid for the Misano Grand Prix was finalized during this afternoon’s qualifying session with Randy De Puniet turning the fourteenth-best time. The Frenchman lost the front and fell just a few laps into the qualifying session, hurting his opportunity to post a lower lap time. Loris Capirossi finished the session in sixteenth place and will start from the sixth row.

Randy De Puniet:
"I’m dissatisfied with how things went: I fell on the eighth lap when I was going quite well, maybe on my way to a very good time. I wasn’t able to find the same feeling on the second bike, especially with the front. We made additional changes, but there wasn’t enough time left for me to improve my time. I very well could have started from the third row, but unfortunately the early fall hurt my qualifying session a lot.”

Loris Capirossi:
Today went the usual way: the final piece was missing. We’re all very close, and then when the time comes to cut away a tenth or so, I’m never able to do it, for different reasons. When I try to lower my time, I try to be more aggressive, but this bike doesn’t work with force. Instead, it becomes difficult to ride. It’s hard; I’ve been riding a certain way for 22 years, and changing now isn’t easy. We have a pretty good race pace, so tomorrow we’ll try to make some changes and see what happens.”

Pramac Racing Team press release

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl