Monday, September 5, 2011

Elias 15th at demanding Misano weekend


The Spaniard aboard the RCV number 24 wasn’t happy about his place on the grid at a track where he won the Moto2 race last year, but he enjoyed the first part of the race lapping in the low 1’36 range. After that Elias was not capable to match the pace of the competition because of the front end issues he faced in the previous two days of practice.

Toni Elias: 
“We tried a few adjustments in this morning’s warm up, but we couldn’t get any improvement so we went back to the setting we already knew for the race. I could lap in the low 1’36 range, but after some laps the guys started to run in the 1’35 range and it was impossible to for me to match their pace. In the middle of the race I felt the same issues I felt in practice – I just not have front end confidence. This weekend we didn’t take any steps forward and this is frustrating for me and the team, but we will try to solve this situation in Aragon. This weekend has been a particular one for me and other riders because one year ago we lost a dear friend and a talented rider, so my thoughts are with Shoya Tomizawa’s family.”

LCR Honda press release.

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl