Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hayden's curse continues at 'worst circuit'


Nicky Hayden's appalling Misano luck struck once again on Sunday, when the factory Ducati rider crashed out of the race on lap three.

Since Misano returned to the MotoGP calendar in 2007, Hayden has only reached the finish once - in that first year - and that was in 13th place after being forced through the gravel o lap one.

The American then withdrew from the 2008 event due to injury, was taken out by Alex de Angelis at the first turn in 2009 and clashed with Loris Capirossi at the same place in 2010!

To make matters worse, Hayden - starting just 15th on the grid - had been fifth fastest in morning warm-up.

“It was obviously a disappointing race," Hayden began. "This morning I was able to go a couple tenths faster than in qualifying, with a good rhythm. I thought we had a better chance for the race. 

"It was raining a little bit at first, which is normally good for our bike. I got a decent start, felt good, and was going to take a few chances to try to get up as far as I could. Then I lost the front on the exit of Turn 15 and - bam! - I was down. 

"We looked at the data, and I'm not really sure why I crashed. We were tip-toeing because of the rain, so maybe the left side of the tyre wasn't quite up to temperature, although it was still rider error. 

"This track has been the worst one on the calendar for me. I certainly could use some good luck, and maybe we'll get it at Aragon.”

source: Crash.net

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl