Saturday, December 10, 2011

Marc Marquez: “I’d love to race Rossi.”



Teenage Spanish star Marc Marquez hopes Valentino Rossi doesn’t walk away from MotoGP at the end of 2012.
Marquez will stay in Moto2 next year having been linked with a Honda MotoGP ride at the end of the 2011 campaign.

And his ambition is to test his skills against nine-times world champion Rossi in 2013 on a 1000cc MotoGP bike.

Marquez told MCN: “MotoGP is my dream and the best riders are there like (Dani) Pedrosa, (Jorge) Lorenzo, (Casey) Stoner and Rossi. I hope Rossi stays when I arrive because he is one of the best riders in the history of MotoGP and I would love to race him.”

The 2010 125GP world champion added: “The decision to stay in Moto2 was difficult but it is the best one. There was a moment where I thought about going to MotoGP but I am very young and I have time. I will have more experience for 2013 and this is what you need to be competitive in MotoGP.”

Marquez missed the final race of the campaign in Valencia last month having failed to recover from a double vision issue that resulted from a practice crash during the Sepang round in Malaysia.

His absence meant Stefan Bradl captured the second Moto2 title.

source: MCN

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl