Thursday, February 2, 2012

Barbera: Sixth Place Full of Optimism


The first three days of testing were completed in MotoGP Sepang in Malaysia for 20 minutes in advance of schedule, for the arrival of a storm that has convinced everyone to stay in the pits. For the Pramac Hector Barbera and the budget is definitely positive. 

Hector times have improved day by day, up to sixth place today in 2.00.824, just behind the factory Ducati of Valentino Rossi, while the fastest time was clocked by the reigning world champion Casey Stoner with Honda in 1.59.607. From the technical point of view of the new Ducati Pramac represents a concrete step forward compared to the material of last season. Even Hector Barbera has confirmed this finding, responding positively to any changes in regulation that have been addressed. In the latter days of testing, were also tested new tires from Bridgestone for 2012. 

Hector Barbera '- "They were three days in all important respects, both in the bike for the team, I have a good feeling with both. Already during testing at Valencia last year I had a great feeling and everything was confirmed. This morning, I started with the development last night and I immediately improved my time from yesterday 8 / 10. In the end I shot more or less the same time, Valentino Rossi. As planned we tried the new Bridgestone tires and I'm happy because I have improved my performance. Pity about the rain in the last part of the day because I had prepared the bike to improve my time yet. Patience, however, everything has gone beyond my expectations. " 

Marco Rigamonti - Chief Engineer - "I am very satisfied with the work of Hector, with whom I found an excellent method of tuning the bike, something of which we have worked on for three days together with the development of new electronics. The bike has improved compared to last season and there are still a lot of margins that we can explore in search of new improvements. Positive note of the day was surely the test of the new Bridgestone tires that are well suited to the Ducati. These three days were definitely a great start to the season that allows us to think positively. "

source: Pramac Press Release

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl