Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Jerez provides solid Moto3™ data for Mahindra Racing



Mahindra Racing’s new Moto3 machine, the Mahindra MGP30, completed a second successful test giving Mahindra’s engineers plenty of data to analyse as they continue to develop the brand new 250cc four-stroke bike.

Briton Danny Webb and German teammate Marcel Schrötter completed a total of 142 and 136 laps respectively of the 4.423km Jerez circuit in Spain. No official lap times were available from the test, but Mahindra Racing team manager Nicola Casadei was satisfied with the team’s progress.

"I am happy with where we are at this point in our development programme," he explained. "We brought a few new things to test after last week that have improved our performance. From what we saw, there were a couple of fast guys out there but our riders were not so far off. Reliability has been good again. We had a few minor problems, but this is all part of the learning curve with this new bike. We did a lot of laps and have a lot of data that will help us to develop the bike. I am confident that when we are back here for the next test the bike will be much improved again."

Danny Webb: 
"We’ve made some good improvements from the last test just a week ago. The mid range has improved a lot as well as the top end. We’ve still got work to do to improve acceleration and work on the engine braking, but this was only our second proper test with this bike and I think it is another good job. The important thing is that the engineers have now got a lot of data that they will take back to base to analyse and improve the bike.

"Same as last week in Valencia, the handling felt good around Jerez, although the track conditions were a bit slippery. Conditions were best early this afternoon, but I had a small problem and so was in the garage for a while, otherwise I think I could have been even faster."

Marcel Schrötter: 
"This test was very important for me as I only had one day at the Valencia test so I was a little behind Danny and the other riders. It was good to do a lot of laps on the new bike. I like the chassis of the Mahindra. I need to get more time on the bike to improve the feeling, but I am confident that we have good potential."

source: MotoGP Official

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl