Saturday, November 26, 2011

Randy de Puniet to MotoGP Aspar Team in 2012



The Aspar Team is expanding their MotoGP effort next season to two bikes, with Randy de Puniet and Aleix Espargaró piloting the Aprilia powered CRT machines.

The Aspar Team has joined the list of teams to compete the 2012 season with CRT (Claiming Rules Team) bikes. In addition, the team will have two riders, Randy de Puniet and Aleix Espargaró.

De Puniet had the opportunity to complete two days of testing with the Aspar Team, and feelings of both sides have been magnificent. On the other hand, Valencia and Italian firm set are linked since 1996, have sealed their way four titles and seven subtitles. So the Aspar Team has decided to rely on Noale house as a supplier of engines for its new adventure CRT.

Jorge "Aspar" Martínez:

"We are convinced that this challenge will be very successful, both with the riders and the engines, which will be supplied by Aprilia. We wanted to work with the brand in this new project because of our good working relationship and for their proven capabilities in smaller categories. Our goal this year is to be the best CRT and prepare to go a step further in 2013."

Randy De Puniet:

"I am delighted to return to the Aspar Team, a team I raced with in 2005 in 250cc. I have very fond memories of that time. Together we will embark on a new challenge, CRT. I realize that this team is very competitive and will fight for the best material, in fact I have been able to train with them and the conclusions have been optimal. CRT is the future of MotoGP and I think there will be a lot of work ahead, but a very rewarding work. The goal for the next season will be to adapt as quickly as possible to the prototype, and gradually catch the front runners."

"Training in Jerez was productive and I was able to get a lot of information about the bike. It’s clear that we are still far from what the final motorcycle will be, but I'm very happy with how everything has happened. The test in Jerez gave me the opportunity to realize the enormous potential of the new concept of CRT,and I am proud to be one of the pioneering riders in this new category."

Aleix Espargaró:

"First of all, I am very excited to be on the Aspar Team, and returning to MotoGP is a big motivation for me. 2010 was quite positive for me and I would have liked to stay another year. I think for my weight and my height I can adapt well to the category and the bike."

"I am convinced that the year will go very well and I'll get great results for the Aspar Team. CRT is a completely new class, and we will initially have a lot of work, but I have chosen the Aspar Team is because I know it is a team that will face the new category very seriously. They are very professional and certainly developed a great bike. I am delighted with this new project."

source: motogp

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl