Friday, January 6, 2012

Dovizioso gets tattoo in memory of Simoncelli



The death of lifelong racing rival Marco Simoncelli has prompted fellow Italian MotoGP star Andrea Dovizioso to get a new tattoo over the winter break.

The new Tech 3 Yamaha rider posted this picture on his official Twitter account @AndreaDovizioso and explained: “After what happened, here is to Sic my thoughts in a Polynesian tattoo with the sun god (life), the frigate bird (destiny) and a gecko.”

The wording on the tattoo translates as 'I am the master of my destiny, but only destiny knows the end of my journey.'

Rivals since mini-bike racing, the silky-smooth Dovizioso and hard-riding Simoncelli often clashed on track, but a grudge was rarely held and Dovizioso admitted the that the sudden loss of Simoncelli has been hard to come to terms with.

After snatching a career best third overall by finishing ahead of team-mate Dani Pedrosa in the 2011 MotoGP championship at the Valencia finale, the race after Simoncelli's death, Dovizioso said: 

“On the final lap I thought of Marco and in the end I succeeded here on a track where I have always struggled. Marco helped me in this challenging mission, Ciao Marco”.

source: crash.net

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl