Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Marc Marquez motocross training but not ready for Moto2



Marc Marquez has regained sufficient vision back in his damaged right eye to begin training on a motocross bike, but the Spaniard is not yet ready to return to Moto2 action.

Marquez has withdrawn from this week’s Jerez Moto2 test while he continues to recover from surgery last month on the right eye he damaged in a practice crash for the Malaysian Grand Prix in Sepang on October 21.

Marquez has only briefly ridden a Moto2 bike since he complained of double vision following nerve damage in the right eye.

His on-going absence has sparked a flood of rumours about his future but in a short statement released by Repsol today he said: “I am happy because I am feeling a lot better after the operation. I can train motocross now, which is a good sign.

"I feel safer and now my vision is almost back to 100%. I can see better every week, which is important. I feel comfortable enough to get back on track and I am really itching to ride again.

"We have to take things calmly, but in the meantime I am preparing myself in the gym and on the cycle in order to start my preseason off well.”

This week's Jerez test kicks off on Thursday (February 16)

source: MCN

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl