Friday, March 2, 2012

Hayden: the GP12 can improve



Even though factory Ducati rider Nicky Hayden was just 11th fastest on the final day of Sepang testing, he was still feeling positive about the new GP12.  Unlike the latest comments from his teammate Rossi, the American liked the feedback the bike provided, even on corner entry, where Valentino was less than enthused. 

"Of course I would prefer to have been closer to the front, but it's my first real test of the year - Hayden commented - The bike feels better on braking and into the corner, and I like the feedback it gives me. Also, the lap times don't seem as affected when the track gets hot and greasy. We need to work on some chatter and on corner exits. We have plenty of ideas, as there are a lot of things we didn't get to try this week because of the weather. There is still good potential to improve. Toward the end, I lost the front end in Turn 1 and crashed, but it was an easy one and I'm fine. I'm happy with how my shoulder is coming along. I hope that with three more weeks of recovering and rehab, it should be close to 100 per cent for Jerez."

After Rossi originally displayed great optimism during the first Sepang test, it seems that Hayden took over that role today: "Valentino was feeling very positive after the first test, while I was a little more cautious.  We aren't going to lose our heads; we just need more time."

source: GP One

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl