Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pedrosa apologises for yachting test 'mistake'

Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda 2012

It sounds like a late April Fool's joke, but MotoGP star Dani Pedrosa has issued an apology for apparently cheating on some kind of yachting license exam. 

The Repsol Honda rider is said to have been among 21 people questioned by Spain's Guardia Civil in Valencia on Saturday, some of whom were reportedly using an 'earpiece' to help them during the test.

In a statement to Europa Press, Pedrosa is quoted as saying: "Following bad advice I made a mistake."

"Mistakes can be ignored or learn from them, and I've learned from it. I publicly apologize to my fans and all those who trust me."

"Now I'm looking forward. I'm a motorcycle rider, the world championship starts this weekend, and I want to focus solely and exclusively on Sunday's race. 

"I have learnt a lesson from this mistake and wish to leave the issue behind right now and focus on a season that I face with a high motivation and enthusiasm."

Pedrosa will be on track during Thursday evening's opening MotoGP practice session in Qatar.

source: crash.net

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl