Friday, November 5, 2010

Riders Quote Valencian GP

This weekend race will be held at Valencia, Spain. All of MotoGP riders looks very confidence and want to close this season with a happy ending.

Aleix Espargaro
"The fall on the first lap of last Sunday's race was not what I was aiming. I was aiming to achieve a good result on Estoril's track and the results of Friday and Saturday free practice sessions had give me high hopes for the race. Sunday we'll return to Spain for the fourth time this year. In the other three Grands Prix on the Ibernian land of this year, I have conquered a fifteenth position in Jerez, a good tenth position in Aragon and a withdraw on Barcelona's track, a race in which I had done a very good weekend. I hope to greatly improve the position conquer in Aragon and conclude in the best way my first MotoGP season. This track has a different flavor for me, I made my debut here in the 2004 while I was riding a 125cc. "

Alvaro Bautista
"I was very surprised at last week's result because after how well we had been performing it was a bit of a shock, but I know we can put that behind us and challenge the top-six group. I have experience of riding the GSV-R at Valencia after last season's test, so I will have some reference points and I think the circuit will suit the bike well. It is amazing having another 'home' race and I will have many fans there to celebrate the end of the season, I will certainly be trying my hardest to give them, and the whole team, a good result to remember and take forward into the winter."

Andrea Dovizioso
"I'm very happy that we were back on the podium in Estoril. It means we are competitive and that we can go to Valencia with the target of fighting for fourth position in the World Championship. Valencia is quite a slow and twisty track which makes it a technical and challenging circuit which isn't easy to ride. It's not one of my favourite circuits on the calendar but that's really not important - because we are determined to have a very good race on Sunday and finish off the year as strongly as possible. The Valencia weekend is a special event, not only because it is the final round of the season but also because on Tuesday and Wednesday after the Grand Prix there are two important days of testing in preparation for the 2011 season. I'm really looking forward to getting the maximum out of these two days of testing before we head into the long winter break."

Carlos Checa
"The rain during Estoril's Grand Prix have certainly not helped me. I needed to run as much as possible on the track and the weather conditions that I have found have not allowed me to do that. The feeling that I was able to develop with the bike during the weekend have not allowed me to find the right riding position on the dry track. The forearm pain after a few laps did not allow me to give to the bike the right braking and the best way to entre in the turns. My results on Valencia's track are not exciting, but I have taken some satisfaction in my long career, arriving twice in the fourth position in the 2001 and in the 2005. Even if I do not feel any pressure, I'll try to do my best to give a good result to the Pramac Racing Team which have offered me this fantastic opportunity."

Casey Stoner
"After the awful weather we had to put up with in Portugal I hope that Valencia is a bit better and we get chance to work well and get a good set-up for my final race on the Ducati. I have always liked the circuit and I had my first ever win here in 125cc. It is a tight but flowing circuit and even though there are a lot of second and third gear corners they are banked and you can let the bike run, keeping some good speed up. This also helps you to find a gearbox setting quite quickly because apart from the straight, obviously, you only really need two gears. In the past we have always been able to find a good set-up so I we are confident. I really want to have a good race this weekend."

Dani Pedrosa
"In a couple of days I will get back on the bike again at Valencia and I really hope to feel better than I did on Sunday in Estoril. The last medical checks I had this week have shown that the nerves are not affected and this is positive, even though I'm feeling the same symptoms of numbness. I went to Clinica Dexeus to have an electromyography scan in my left arm from the neck to the hand. It showed that the nerves are OK, so I will continue having physiotherapy and I hope that gradually the lack of feeling passes. Despite the circumstances, I'm going to Valencia in a good mood because this is a track I love and the atmosphere there is always special. Last year we had a great race, so I want to get a good result regardless of my physical condition. We have a new sponsor this weekend from Honda in Indonesia. When I visited Indonesia this year I was really amazed by how many people follow MotoGP there. They are very passionate and knowledgeable about the championship, so it's good that this new sponsor on the Repsol Honda machine can create a link with this country."

Hector Barbera
"After the result in Portugal I am feeling happier and more confident. I feel comfortable with the bike at the moment and I hope we can do a good job in practice to find the right set-up for the race. Cheste is my home circuit and I can go fast there without hardly thinking about it so I hope that remains the case this weekend. It is a goal of mine to be fast at Valencia on the Ducati and the target for the weekend is to score my best result of the weekend, finish 2010 well and be part of a really cool race for all the fans. We have got a lot of data from the test we did here at the end of last year and I am sure it will help us."

Hiroshi Aoyama
"Sometimes I have a good feeling with Valencia and sometimes I don't. I hope that this time the feeling will be good. Last year I achieved the 250cc world title there and I have some nice memories on that, but you cannot compare this. I hope that the coming race will be better than the one in Estoril, where I could have finished in the Top 10, but made a mistake and had to be satisfied with 12th at the end. It is a pity that the team cannot continue. I had a really good time with them and I want to thank the team for all they did for me."

Jorge Lorenzo
"I've never won here in Valencia," said Lorenzo, during this afternoon's pre-event press conference. "It's not my obsession to get a victory here this weekend, but we are sure going to try. It's the last race of the season, so we'll make the last push, as we are very motivated to have a good race."

Loris Capirossi
"I hope we can go well at Valencia because it has been a very hard season for us and we need to end the year in a more positive way. The circuit is quite good for our bike and it seems to suit the dynamics of the GSV-R well. I know it will be difficult and I'm still not 100% fit, but I firmly believe I can go well in Valencia. It is the last race and after all that has happened this year it would be good to give my crew something to smile about -- I will certainly be giving everything I've got to make that happen."

Marco Melandri
"In Portugal I had yet another disappointing day and I can't even begin to explain the reasons why we have yet to work things out. We have been trying in vain and I am so bitterly disappointed about it. Valencia is our last chance to salvage something from a season to forget and I will try my hardest. I like the track and I won here in 250 and MotoGP but the chances of us doing anything this weekend are very small and that upsets me.

Marco Simoncelli
"I am still feeling satisfied but also slightly annoyed with how close I came to the podium at Estoril. I was happy with my performance because we kept a consistenyl fast pace from start to finish and I was able to battle with riders who have got the better of me in recent weeks. We have improved so much lately and the performance at Estoril has made me even more convinced we can be regularly fighting at the front. I can't wait to get started at Valencia and put the disappointment of last year behind me as quickly as possible. I love the track and I am desperate to finish on the podium there after missing out by such a small margin in Portugal. The way we are finishing the season is a great sign for next year. We still have a big job to do but the work we have done so far is paying off and I am happy for Honda and the team, who have given me so much support."

Nicky Hayden
"Time has flown past since Portugal. I went to Italy do some wind tunnel tests at Ducati and then we were back on the road to Spain. It has done me good to have a couple of days rest though because the crash on Friday left me with a knock on my back and it has been a bit painful. I'm okay now though and I can't wait to get back out at Valencia, a circuit I love and a place that will always be special to me because I won the title here. Also the fact it's the last race of the season, with so many people there packing out the grandstands... it just gives the whole event that little bit extra. I have been on the podium here twice in the past so we'll try and do it again this Sunday."

Valentino Rossi
"The points gap to second is quite big and Dani is always fast here," declared Rossi. "Anyway, a good target is also to resist and keep the third position from Casey, who is also fast here in Valencia. Last weekend we worked well in Portugal and had a good first half of the race, for this Sunday we will try and prepare the second half."

Related Post




Digg Google Bookmarks reddit Mixx StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Buzz DesignFloat Delicious BlinkList Furl